“ONE LESS SPARK – ONE LESS WILDFIRE”
Approximately 95% of all wildfires in California are caused by human activity
That is why fire agencies need the public’s help to prevent them. Whether it’s ensuring a campfire or landscape debris burn of leaves and branches is completely extinguished, or keeping a vehicle well maintained to prevent sparks, following just a few simple steps can help prevent wildfires.
Help prevent wildfires by learning how to properly:
- Use outdoor equipment
- Burn debris
- Start, maintain, and extinguish a campfire
- Maintain a vehicle and tow safely
- Practice fire-safe target shooting
This page provides a guide to the “One Less Spark” Campaign Toolkit. Complete campaign information, educational materials, public service announcements, graphics, and more are provided for wildfire prevention partners and the public to learn more about:
- Safety messages regarding equipment use such as lawn mowers igniting fires.
- Tow chains sparking fires along roadways.
- Safe handling of campfires